Aaron Gray - Assistant Pastor
Aaron hails from NW Georgia, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. He attended Mercer University in Macon, GA where he met his (now) wife, Deborah. They have two daughters, Carley (4) and Abigail (2).
Aaron enjoys being active and doing things with a group. He loves playing soccer, is a connoisseur of strategy board games, and enjoys watching movies and having a good laugh.
Aaron interned with RUF and graduated from Reformed Theological Seminary in Charlotte, NC in 2015 and was ordained as a teaching elder in the PCA in 2016. Aaron and his family were excited to move to the Lake Norman area to join NorthCross in the spring of 2016.
Lynn Whitehill - Church Administrator
Lynn and her husband Dean started attending NorthCross Church when the meetings were still in the Sneed's living room.
Lynn has worked at NCC for 15 years, and her current duties focus on administration and finance.
She and Dean have four children and four (to date) grandchildren.
Session of Elders
Damon Anderson (RE)
Matt Seiter (RE)
Scott Tew (RE)
Aaron Gray (TE)
What are Elders and Deacons?
The Elder and His Duties
Ruling elders, one class of office, possess the same authority and eligibility in the courts of the Church as teaching elders. Moreover, they should cultivate zealously their own aptness to teach the Bible and should improve every opportunity of doing so.
It belongs to the office of elder, both severally and jointly, to fulfill the following:
Oversee / Rule
- To watch diligently over the flock committed to their charge, that no corruption of doctrine or morals enter in
- To exercise government and discipline
- To take oversight of the spiritual interests of the particular church, and the Church generally when called
- To visit the people at their homes, especially the sick
- To pray with and for the people, being careful and diligent in seeking the fruit of the preached Word among the flock
- To bear glad tiding of salvation to the ignorant and perishing
- To dispense the manifold grace of God and the ordinances instituted by Christ
- To administer the Sacraments
- To instruct the ignorant, comfort the mourner, nourish and guard the children of the church
- To set a worthy example to the flock entrusted to their care by zeal in evangelizing the unconverted and in making disciples
- To feed the flock by reading, expounding and preaching the Word of God
- To declare the will of God to sinners and beseech them to be reconciled to God through Christ
- To proclaim the Gospel
The Deacon and His Duties
The office is one of sympathy and service after the example of the Lord Jesus, especially in helping others in time of need.
- To minister to those who are in need, to the sick, to the friendless, and to any who may be in distress
- To develop the grace of liberality in the members of the church
- To devise effective methods of collecting the gifts of the people
- To distribute these gifts among the objects to which they are contributed
- To care for the property of the congregation, both real and personal
- To keep the church edifice and other buildings in proper repair